Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Rock Monster

My son does not draw as much as my daughter does. But the amount of 'girlie' drawings piling up around my house became a bit predictable: fairies, princesses, mermaids, girls wearing pretty dresses with big hair... so i approached my son with a deal. i said to him, "i need some BOY drawings" and i told him i would pay him ;) ha ha. he jumped at the opportunity! :)

he drew me a monster! and i loved it! the detached head... the scribble mouth... the BIG eye and small eye... the scribble mouth really reminded me of Tim Burtons 'Nightmare Before Christmas' because everyone was sewn up.

at the street fair this painting drew in a lot of unexpected spectators - teenage boys! (and 20 year old young men too!) upon discussion with these gentlemen, i decided that this painting will most likely be turned into a tshirt design down the road. they all seemed keen on that idea! :)

this painting is sold, but can be reproduced for you upon request.

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! I just think this is so amazing! (I have a soft spot for rocks. You idea is so original and really phenomenal! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete